Commercial Carpet and Upholstery
Carpet and upholstery is a major investment; we want to help you ensure yours is protected. Carpets are expensive to install and upholstery can be expensive to replace. However, too often managers forget how essential it is to maintain these items, and therefore neglect to keep them in proper condition. By making sure they are regularly cleaned and well-maintained, you can keep your investment in great condition for years to come.
Here are some things to keep in mind about your carpet and upholstery, and how to maintain them as long as possible.
Benefits of Clean Carpet and Upholstery
Your carpets and upholstery are essential to the function of your building. Treat them with the care they need to get the most out of them. Here are some reasons you should consider the state of your carpets and upholstery:
- Carpets have the potential to become incredibly dirty. Even with regular vacuuming, dirt and germs accumulate near the base of the carpeting and are impossible to get out without the right tools. In fact, the average carpet contains about 200,000 bacteria per square inch. That’s about 4,000 times dirtier than your toilet seat!
- They can harbor dangerous chemicals and mold if not treated properly. The bottom of people’s shoes brings in pesticides, particles, and mold from the outside. The carpet will trap these dangerous materials, so it is essential they are appropriately cleaned to reduce the risk of spreading.
- Not only is the bacteria, dust, and chemicals unsafe for a building and its inhabitants, but these elements will also break down your carpet and upholstery very quickly. You can save money replacing worn and dirty carpets by scheduling regular cleanings.
- The quality of your carpets and upholstery impacts the overall ambiance of your room. Create a clean, productive, and inviting space by keeping the most basic areas clean.
- What resides in your upholstery and carpeting contributes a large part to the air quality of your facility. Air quality is especially crucial for asthma and allergy sufferers, and carpets can harbor a lot of irritating materials.
The Process for Maintaining Carpets
Although carpet cleaning is critical for facility management, the process can be involved. In order to keep carpets clean and in good condition for long-term use, you must execute all of the following services regularly:
- Deodorize and sanitize
- Spot clean
- Steam clean
- Apply carpet protection
- Use and replace floor mats
Many people find the process overwhelming. However, it doesn’t have to be. City Wide can take the burden of maintaining your investment, and improve the look and feel of your facility and the quality of your air.
Some facilities find that they additional services. That is no problem for City Wide. We can source custom walk-off mats, upholstery cleaning, and even flood remediation. Whatever your special needs, feel free to reach out to us. No matter what your carpet requires, we can take care of it for you. Breathe a little easier and call us today!