5 Steps to Refresh Your Parking Lot
You can protect your parking lot and save time and money with these simple steps this season:
- Check for safety! Did your striping wear away over the winter? Make sure crosswalks are clearly defined and safe paths to entrances and exits are clear.
- Sweep it up! Have your lots swept free of dirt and sand quarterly. This will extend the life of your asphalt and keeps dirt out of your building.
- Fix it today! Assess your parking lot for holes and areas that need to be removed and replaced. Depending on your climate, these repairs can only be done at certain times of the year. Have small cracks in the asphalt sealed with rubberized crack sealant before rain can make them worse.
- Bug off! Eliminate standing water, and the mosquitos that come with it, by filling in low spots in your parking lot. It may also help to slope the ground away from your commercial building if possible.
- Plan ahead! If you see areas of major damage (especially around drains, curbs, grades, and entry points), the existing asphalt may need a major re-haul.
Your parking lot can be a professional first impression or a poorly maintained safety hazard – especially when winter arrives. Take the steps now to review your parking lot needs with City Wide.