5 Simple ways spring clean your workspace.
Bring the sunshine into your workspace by clearing the clutter from your mind and desk. Here are a couple of simple things you can do to de-clutter and sanitize your desk or
office as we prepare for spring.
1. Wipe down equipment like your phone, keyboard and monitor with sanitizing wipes, as well as your desktop. These surfaces accumulate germs but are typically outside the standard janitorial scope.
2. Make hard decisions about magazines, dead pens, and samples that have been sitting around for months. Throw out what you don’t need, and box up what you are on the fence about.
3. Do your filing. All of it. Empty your desk trays, bins and baskets. And when they’re empty, ask yourself if you need all those trays, bins and baskets cluttering up your desk!
4. Toss the post-its. Reduce the clutter of dusty sticky notes on your desk, walls and monitor. Centralize the information you need, and toss the rest. While you’re at it, reduce that store of business cards to the bare minimum.
5. Dump the digital backlog. Archive old emails, update your task and to-do lists, and clear off your desktop. Look with a stern eye at old tasks and projects and decide what can be archived.
Taking a few extra steps to get organized in the spring will set you on the right path for the rest of the year. While you’re at it, now is a great time to make a mental inventory of what’s working, productivity-wise, and what’s not, and look for new solutions that work for you.